Dr. Sonja E. Tobey
Dr. Tobey is an ordained elder in the United Methodist Church, and has been in local church ministry since 1999. She is an accomplished professional familiar with ministry and church organization. In addition, to coaching clergy for transformational leadership, Dr. Tobey is skilled at coaching churches and clergy through conflict transformation and mediation, times of transition, and board leadership. Known for creative problem solving, she has worked with church leadership and clergy to bring out the God-given potential already present, and to look to the future with hope.
Her undergraduate degree is from Southern Nazarene University in Organizational Leadership. Dr. Tobey’s earned Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry degrees from Phillips Seminary in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She has completed training to become a credentialed coach and is currently seeking Professional Coaching Certification through the International Coaching Federation of which she is a member.
Training and Certifications
- Completed all courses for Professional Certified Coach with Coaching4TodaysLeaders
- Certified Coach for Simplified Accountable Structure
- Certified Transitional/Intentional Interim Ministry Specialist
- Lombard Mennonite Peace Center, Clergy Clinic in Family Systems (Conflict Management), Lombard, Illinois 2015-2016
- Lombard Mennonite Peace Center Mediation Skills Training Institute, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Aug 2015
- Critical Incident Stress Management Training, Newton, Kansas Feb 2008
Dr. Tobey and her husband lives in Oklahoma.